w i w w - Vintage!

Seems like there has been a plaid explosion in fashion recently. I have always been a fan of a good plaid, particularly vintage flannels and bermuda bags. Its always a bummer when something that you feel like is part of your fashion identity hits the mainstream, but I try to just go with the flow. The best part of this all too often tragedy is that all my favorite stores start selling clothes that I like and in a few seasons they are out of style and back in fashion for me.

Friday
Nannied three funny girls that I hadn't seen in a while. Had to keep cool and comfortable with my plaid tank. Not to toot my own horn, but I actually made this one! Soon for purchase?? I hope!

I kept it dressed down with a comfy vintage sweater..

But I could dress it up with a vintage blazer!

Get the Look:

Saturday:
Cleaning day! Time to get ready for the big game. I did get out of my PJs but into some comfy jeans, 
my favorite hoody and slippers! 


Get the Look:


I have quite a few pictures of me in this pose.. I was trying to channel the farmer and his wife in Grant Wood's American Gothic painting. 




I recently learned how to do a pretty mean sock bun. That was my go-to hair style for the weekend.

Check out this girl, she's got a great method.



It can be worn any time, but I try to keep it just for cleaning and grocery shopping. Its just any easy way to tie up your hair. Her idea is that you put one in at night and in the morning you have beautiful curls. I flipped the script a bit and tied up a sock bun in the morning and then let it down at night. Thought it would be a good solution for busy weekends. 

Here's the result!


It looks great once you brush it out!

Stayed in my comfies on Sunday... and Monday. Lazy girl.

But..

Tuesday:
I went out for a late lunch / early dinner with Steve to our favorite neighborhood restaurant and brewery, Breakside. I recently scored this new bag for my Etsy shop and it looked great with my sweater! 




Wednesday:
I got this awesome jacket on my recent vintage run. I was so excited when I got it home. It only has one tag, "made in Uruguay" Of course, I first ruined it by washing it. It was totally trashed, covered in lint balls. I got a brilliant idea though, and saved it with our cat brush. It's super comfy, and for $6.50 definitely worth it.

I always look mad in my photos. 
I think it is the pause while I wait for the self-timer. Impatience is my middle name.


Get the Look:
Wool Coat $96


Today I'm filling in as a nanny again! Took some pictures for the shop and will be listing items tonight and this weekend. So, keep checking back in!

Linking up again!


Photobucket




xo
Elle